Cortana can help me in completing these tasks

Have Cortana return movie times, upcoming movies, offer to buy tickets, and remind you of similar movies

Currently, I have no way to set my favorite theater in Cortana. That would be key to this function working.

My suggestion is this: be able to ask "What time is Spiderman 2 playing tonight?" and have Cortana respond with a movie time card, like it does for weather now, and have this response be for that favorited theater.

Then Cortana would ask "would you like to buy tickets?" and open a ticketing app for you.

Also, we should be able to ask, "When is Guardians of the Galaxy coming out?" and get an actual date response, or have Cortana ask "I can't find that, but would you like me to tell you when a date is released?" And if there is a release date, she replies "Would you like me to put it on your calendar and remind you on the release date?"

Finally, based on movies we've searched, Cortana should be able to return similar movies. If I searched for Thor, Cortana would list other similar movies, like Thor 2, Avengers, Captain America, et al.

235 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great - how do you use it? I've tried several variations in my question but only get internet searches returned.

• Shane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Neat, how about "Remind me to watch the Fantastic Four Movie'. With the ability to set a preference like redbox, hulu, Netflix, or local movies.

• j6g commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice. I'd also like a 'card' about new movies at my favorite theater. That place only has one new movie every few weeks, so it would be great if Cortana could give me a heads up on those.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. Was very surprised that she could do things like telling me upcoming concert dates but couldn't tell me anything about what movies are playing.

• Chris K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Write to Flixster and tell them to update their app to support Cortana. This is exactly the kind of thing that app developers should be doing, and the reason that Microsoft has made Cortana open and accessible.

Tasks Completion

Feedback and Knowledge Base