General Cortana Feedback

Please make sure you check for any existing ideas you could vote up before submitting new ones.

As always, the team values your feedback but won’t be able to respond to all suggestions directly. But we promise we’re reading them!

1. stop showing me Fox news when I ask

All I want is to be able to tell Cortana ''Stop showing me Fox News'', and she will stop showing me Fox news. Or you could program her just to understand the command, ''Stop showing me _________'', and she'll stop showing _________, and that would work just as well. But I specifically want to say 'Stop showing me Fox news' to her, and she will simply stop showing it to me. Thank you.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tell you your system specs

Useful feature for gamers and many others who don't have this info memorized.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. promt to save location in Places

provide a prompt or an indication in Cortana's interface which would work as below.

say i am at a restraunt and Cortana prompts me to save the location as a favourite, when i click on save it should auto save the location in "Places" and sync it with my devices...
    another example would be while on a trip i come across a beautiful place and instead of opening Maps and trying to save it as a fav, if Cortana provides a prompt to save, i can save it in one click..

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. know who's important in my life

I made my boyfriend's nickname 'my boyfriend' in my phone because I thought Cortana would recognize this. But when I asked her 'who is my boyfriend?', I expected her to say his name - but she brought up Bing search results. I was really disappointed. He's in my inner circle and everything but she still doesn't recognize him as more important than other contacts. The fact that she can't distinguish important people from acquaintances makes Cortana feel a lot less personalized to me. She doesn't know who my family is either - even though my brother's contact name is 'Brother'…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Cortana should not suggest me to track flights after I ask her to track that same flight in the future

Cortana should not suggest me to track flights after I ask her to track that same flight in the future.

Repro steps:
    1 - Ask Cortana to track a flight
    2 - Tap Track this flight
    3 - Edit the flight to track informing the date in the future you expect to depart and save the change

At this point will keep annoying you to track the flight you are already tracking. If you tap no, to dismiss the suggestion, Cortana will stop tracking the flight you added to your list. Moreover, if you tap yes, it will also track…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. allow me to point out not to show "x" on my feed during this hour/time period.

I know you guys try to algorhytmicaly do that, but it would be helpful to both Cortana and the human to allow us to correct her on things like that directly. So like "hide this news, *during this time period (not necessarily strict "hour")*

Also, only keep "see more news like this" in that space, and hide "hide this menu, plus any other upcoming sentence links there, into a hamburger.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sync hystory songs

Synchronize the hystory of songs recognized with Cortana so I can restore it when restore phone

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Acquisto Massima Passaporti qualità, visti, Patente di guida, carte d'identità, ecc

Comprare Passaporti di alta qualità vero e falso, visti, patente di guida, carte d'identità, certificati di matrimonio, diplomi, certificati di nascita, carte di credito, bollette, carte di previdenza sociale, residenti permessi, certificati di morte, schede Seaman, ecc

Siamo un team di professionisti IT di grande esperienza e sofisticati con molti anni di esperienza nella produzione di documenti di alta qualità di tutte le categorie.

Offriamo alta qualità originale dei veri e falsi passaporti, autista
    guida, carte d'identità, francobolli, certificati di nascita, diplomi, ecc
    per quasi tutti i paesi del mondo, per lo più paesi come: USA, Australia, Belgio, Brasile, Norvegia,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. kjkcat

Kjkcat

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. tv guide interest to learn my favorite shows and remind me when to tune in

Cortana should know my tv provider and favorite shows, then remind me to tune in, or add them to my calendar for me

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow You to Choose Where your news comes from

When giving you the latest news in the various categories you've chosen, Cortana should allow you to pick and choose which sites the news is delivered from. For example, I want the latest Health news. However, Cortana delivers it from a website or source I don't want. There should be a way to tell it "I don't want info from that source". There should be a way to tell it "I want info from that source"

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. follow my favorite artists to let me know of new albums and nearby concerts

Cortana should be able to add my favorite artists to the Notebook so that I get alerts from Cortana, or X-Box Music, when a new album is released, or better, in the What's New screen on cortana, show me "Carbon Leaf just released a new album" with its album art next to it. I click, and go to that album in my default music app.

In addition, it should alert me when a concert is nearby from my favorite artists, with 'nearby' being defined by me. I would be willing to travel to Atlanta for an artist, or even to…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Alert me if there is the possiblity to see the northern lights ( aurora borealis )

It would be nice if Cortana can alert me if at my current location there is the possibility to see the aurora borealis. Where I live at the moment the aurora borealis happen a couple of times a year but unfortunately I often miss them. I would love Cortana to alert me if there is a likelihood of them occurring.

NOAA has a great map here http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/30-minute-aurora-forecast with the forecast for 30 minutes ahead but I often forget to check it in the evening.

If Cortana could use something like this coupled with my location to alert me it would…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. have better interest options

We could find an specific interest of ours, like an international sports team or one music artist we like, and have Cortana track that as news, on daily glance and all that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Update Cortana's Notebook from a Web Page

Let's allow Cortana to be updated by a web page. This would allow me to send updates to my phone when I am at work.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. use an special calender for work

There should be a calender for Work
    you can set Fix or Flexible Worktimes.
    in Fix Worktimes you can set your Work time for each day(Monday, Tuesday...) and it will copy that for the next weeks

in Flexible Worktimes you can save 4 or 5 Profiles of worktimes
    and then each week you can put it, but choose a Profile for a day.

another Option should be implemented is, if you activate an Option, the calender should use your Holiday calender and dont set your worktimes there

the next Thing is to let users Change a day of work for…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Get to know me with an "interview"

I could say like "Let's get to know each other" and then Cortana could go through a list of questions about me. She could even prompt for categories like "What would you like to talk about". Responses could be my family, favorite foods, favorite music, favorite teams, hobbies, important places (Home, Work) etc. Even if this wasn't voice enabled, it could be done online in our account. It would let Cortana have a database of who we are and what matters to us. Then she could expand her capabilities based on that "Would you like me to text your wife…

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. new feature

Cortana should be able to understand store some commands in her notebook so that she maintains that order always ....
    Add a part in her notebook.. Maybe like 'preferences' ...
    Where she can store commands like....
    'always show temperature in Celsius '....
    She shows temp in Celsius once but the next time again its in Fahrenheit....
    Like i should be able to command her .....
    'reject calls from -------- '
    I would really love that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. have a male voice choice, and personality! And a hologram charactar selection sitting in a selectable corner instead of a stupid blue circle

In both Win Tablet, PC and Phone-- have a male voice choice, and personality! And a hologram charactar selection sitting in a selectable corner instead of a stupid blue circle. The sexism and homophobia is pretty microscopic and cators only to patriarchal thinking. There is a wider audience. Silicon Valley is fully of young, male, hetero nerds. MS
    ought not to follow suite.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in