General Cortana Feedback

Please make sure you check for any existing ideas you could vote up before submitting new ones.

As always, the team values your feedback but won’t be able to respond to all suggestions directly. But we promise we’re reading them!

Cortana should...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. make cortana tell me the Muslim prayer times

make cortana tell me the Muslim prayer times in every city in the world with reminders

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Reminders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. if i set alarm for 15 min it can't comprehend this you have to type out minutes.

If I type set alarm for 15 min in Cortana it does not work you have to type out minutes this should be an easy fix

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reminders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dismiss on all devices

When I dismiss a reminder on one device it should sync across all of my devices that Cortana is running on. For example, I get a calendar reminder on my phone, I acknowledge it there but when I got to my computer later it is still sitting there waiting for me to take action.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Reminders on weekdays only and in certain locations only

I travel for work, would love to be reminded of a certain thing during the weekdays if I'm in a certain city

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It's time for Cortana to support notifications

I think it's time for Cortana to support notifications.
    Notifications are necessary for phones, Thus Cortana should support them, like the weather and my favorite team's scores, and so on.
    And since Cortana is designed to be more personal and more human like , the notifications should come like: "You will need a coat today" Instead of "The weather today is (For example)14*C", Also the actionable-notifications(Like sliding on the notification) will make it easier to know that the weather today is (For example, again) 14*C.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. allow people to set reminders for the first Monday of the month etc

Allow people to set reminders for a specific day of the week in each month for example Cortana could remind me I need to check something the first Monday of each month etc

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow nuisance repeating weather alerts to be killed

For 3 days I've had a heat advisory every 30 minutes. ONCE is enough. Either set an advisory to go off only once, or allow it to be killed once you've read it. I've gotten so used to ignoring the alerts that I've missed some texts and calls as a result. It's a real nuisance, and should be easy to fix.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. not remind me that its hot outside every 10 minutes.

I get it already. I started drinking more. Thanks, but one or two reminders is enough.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Reminder when one wakes up from sleep

Based on my Microsoft band Sleep tracker (which is now automated) Cortana should be able to handle reminders specifically for when people wake up, or based on the first time in the morning the motion sensor gets triggered on their phone.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There should be an option for Cortana to act as an alarm, waking us up with audio about the interests in Cortana's Notebook. It could integr

There should be an option for Cortana to act as an alarm, waking us up with audio about the interests in Cortana's Notebook. It could integrate with Microsoft Band, and only start playing the interests when we are awake, just having a tone when we are still asleep.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Actionable reminders

If I say to Cortana "remind me to call Tom when I get home" she correctly adds a reminder to "Call Tom" that fires when I get home. The problem is that it's a dumb reminder - it's just the text "Call Tom" and all I can do with it is snooze or dismiss. Shouldn't Cortana be able to tell that "Call Tom" is a reminder to make a phone call? She also knows who "Tom" is from my contacts list. With these pieces of information she should be able to give me a button to actually complete the action…

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Remind about location based reminders if there is one on my way / (daily) route

Cortana should be smart enough to learn my routes, or if I'm driving somewhere (for example via Here Drive). On my way, Cortana could look for my locations set as reminder nearby and notify me which locations stored as reminders are nearby. For example "on your way to [...] there is a flower shop in 3 miles you wanted to be reminded about". An then, probably, ask if it is okay and add a stopover to it (maybe even in Here Drive?)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. First Keep it up. Secondly I will like to have the option to ask Cortana to Play in certain song ar the specific time

I'll like her to be able to play a song at a certain time. Like my morning alarm.
    Or like when I get back from office and take a nap and like her to play a song to wake me up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bluetooth proximity based reminders, so that you can pair with a friend's phone. When that friend is near, you get a reminder.

Allow users who have paired to other phones via Bluetooth, to get a reminder when they are in close proximity (Bluetooth range) of that phone or other Bluetooth device. Using this method for reminders, you can set a Bluetooth based reminder for when you come in contact with the Bluetooth on another person's phone, which will allow you to have Cortana "Remind me when I see my wife to tell her xxxxx." Bluetooth IDs can be stored per contact, and when that person's Bluetooth ID is in range, you get the reminder.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Be able to remind contacts. "Remind Aidan to call the doctors at 2"

It would be nice if Cortana could understand contacts when setting reminders, much the same as she does for calling and texting. If for example I ask her to "Remind Aidan to call the Doctors at 2pm" she should be able to send a text or email or something to that contact at the set time... however she doesn't link names to contacts in reminders for some reason.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Cortana time to leave notification should make a sound

Many times when Cortana pops with the time to leave message for an appointment, it just vibrates once. I may not be in the room and the time and miss the notification.

When I finally get to the phone, its too late, so this defeats the purpose.

The Time to Leave notification should have an option to make the phone ring or play a series of sounds, etc so it can be heard and not missed and when I click a button, she should read out the message on screen like, "It's time to leave for <Insert Location> to get…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Alert when traffic is cleared up

Cortana does great at alerting me when I should leave to get somewhere at a certain time based on traffic... but what if my main objective is not to get home at a specific time, but to just avoid traffic.

I would like to say "Let me know when traffic to get home is less than 45 minutes" - as soon as traffic clears up, cortana can alert me and I can start my journey.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. combine date, time, and location in the reminders feature.

It seems like the most obvious next step to go for Cortana Reminders I'd to combine date, time, and location. For example:
    "Hey Cortana, remind me to feed the dog when I get home next Thursday at 5pm." That way she doesn't remind me when I go home for lunch in a couple of hours to do something I need to do next week.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Delete one-time alarms set by Cortana automatically

One-time alarms set by Cortana keep filling up the alarm-app. Since they are only used once, they should automatically delete themselves after one day or so.

More alarm-improvement-suggestions can be found here:

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/7013731-improvements-to-alarm-app (Windows Phone UserVoice)

And I also created the same idea on the Windows UserVoice site:
    https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/7013731-improvements-to-alarm-app

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4

General Cortana Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base