General Cortana Feedback

Please make sure you check for any existing ideas you could vote up before submitting new ones.

As always, the team values your feedback but won’t be able to respond to all suggestions directly. But we promise we’re reading them!

1. now on tap (from android m)

now on tap for google now is a great feature. it let google now to work with all application. for example when a song is in playing, you can ask google now that who is singer of that music and etc. or it let you taking many informations from any application and much more.
    anyway it can be a useful ability for cortana and windows 10 devices.

499 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    19 comments  ·  Search & Instant Answers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. business

Maxey Taxi

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search & Instant Answers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. polish language

bring polish language to cortana

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search & Instant Answers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search & Instant Answers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. allow search of curse words without the *

allow Cortana to recognize curse words! its in human nature to use them and she should be able to do searches or recognize them when doing voice to text.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. in your mind

Sometimes you learn with your mistake

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. [Bug Report] Cortana should read the correct answer when answering a question

I asked Cortana how far the moon was from Earth, and she responded with this (this is a link to a screenshot of the result): http://puu.sh/kDIuO/d9c6ec82cf.png

However, the accompanying audio from Cortana stated that the moon is 148,418 miles from Earth, clearly not the 238,855 miles stated in the information displayed on-screen.

This led me to ask other questions of a similar nature. I asked "How far is the earth from the sun?" and it displayed this: http://puu.sh/kDIEA/f4e8560f9b.jpg

However, Cortana said, "57 million 7 hundred and 60 thousand, 212 miles".

This seems like it's a recurring bug, and without going…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Be able to understand basic English.

This is the absolute worst speech recognition software I have ever even heard of. I'm now using Cortana after having used basic google voice search and I am constantly PISSED OFF. How can what is arguably one of the most powerful computer software company on the planet put out a speech recognition program that doesn't understand BASIC ENGLISH even when spoken slowly, clearly, and with enough volume that people two tables down at a restaurant can hear everything I say? Google voice can understand me if I'm speaking in a near whisper in a crowded room and gets what I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A few suggestions

I think Cortana is great but there are two commands I would like to see added.

"show all windows"

And when asking for a website to load e.g. www.bbcnews.com for Cortana to take me straight to the website instead of Bing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make Cortana a chat/messaging kind of system

My idea is to make Cortana, a person, our very own virtual assistant. Make a chat based system where every time Cortana is opened up, it's a conversation and not simply a query.
    This means, that after Cortana is done answering a query, it collapses in the form of a message in our conversation (the collapsed card should be able to expand when clicked). Have Cortana ask supplementary questions where necessary.
    Also, the window will remain open until we close it manually or say "Close/Bye Cortana".

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If I say "Hey Cortana how are the markets doing today?" Cortana should bring up the North American markets/SMP 500.

Cortana should tell me how the stock markets are doing today or any specific stocks I connect to her.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Answer questions about my health using Microsoft Band data

I should be able to ask questions such as "how much sleep did I get last night?", "when did I last go for a run?", "how am I doing against my calorie goals this week?" and Cortana should be able to instantly share data that has been gathered by my Microsoft Band/Health app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. scan my computer

scan my computer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Noise reduction techniques should be used while listening something from users

While Listening to something as when users speak to get his/her task accomplish,sometimes it answers for something else like some other questions has been asked to it,so it might be possible because of the noise which comes from the surrounding .so it would be better for CORTANA to use noise reduction technique.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. be able to answer where to find things on my computer instead of giving me a bing grrr search solution...

Cortana can supposedly answer your questions on your calender or remind you??? couldn't even find my calender and cant set it up and will only answer with bing search results..fix it.Cortana is the great windows 10 add on.It should be able to tell you how to use it and not give you search solutions which I can look up myself on google..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Instead of redirecting to Bing give the results in the taskbar

Or if an infobox comes up read its content.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. it is 18 days later and more , WHY CAN I NOT GET ON FACEBOOK??/

I know my phone has been hacked... Do I need to throw this Nokia Lumia 635 in TRASH and change my number and carrier???18 days later.. Can Microsoft help? Nokia Lumia 635 has major problems!!! Will not give me a email address or Microsoft address says this number is already used recently...Ive had same number for 17 months ...???

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

General Cortana Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base