General Cortana Feedback

Please make sure you check for any existing ideas you could vote up before submitting new ones.

As always, the team values your feedback but won’t be able to respond to all suggestions directly. But we promise we’re reading them!

1. Cortana should be able to perform basic functions in Windows

I should be able to say "Cortana, shut down my computer" and it shuts down. How in the world was this not a launch feature? I should be able to say "Cortana, Launch Microsoft Word" and the program starts. My CELL PHONE can do this.

How did Windows 10 Cortana come to be released in such an underwhelming state? I can't wrap my mind around the though process necessary to release a high tech operating system that totes a "personal assistant" with voice control and not have it perform the most basic of functions available.

You guys need to step…

201 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    16 comments  ·  Tasks Completion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cortana should be able to lock the phone to standby

I use cortana with a headset on my bike, for a call or to put on the radio. After the command the phone is unlocked in my pocket and gets input by the movements and draines the Phone.
    Can you add the command to lock the Phone, on/off command, or standby command?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks Completion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Map Custom Commands

Cortana should be able to map custom commands, or learn from 'watching' you do something and be able to do it herself.
    For instance, If I want Cortana to ... i don't know...log me into Facebook. First I would tell her to 'Map command: log me into Facebook'. Then I would log into facebook by myself. And then I would tell Cortana to 'Finish Map Command'. And then she should be able to do it. Next time I say, 'hey cortana, log me into facebook' she should be able to do it like I showed her.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Are wisdom

Lets volunteer are experience in life to someone who needs are help s least a 1 advise a days for the younger generations who use this technology alot and might glance at are advice so we can help one it would make a difference

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Cortana for Bangladeshi users

Microsoft should release cortana globally. We are Bangladeshi users don't get cortana facility yet.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Cortana should remain always online.

Cortana should remain online with some restriction .as like
    1. When my hand will be busy I will say to cortana pls call my mom she will do this with out touching my phone.
    2. When some one attacks me and phone fall from me in some distance I will say to cortana help me emergency, then cortana will call or text pre manually inputed mobile no with gps location.
    Restrictions: Cortana does not send any private data to anyone as like Microsoft or any one. It included cortana privacy settings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Why Sam broadcast 4.9.1 can not be installed in Cortana on Windows 10?

We can not install some software in Windows 10 like we have described as: Why Sam broadcast 4.9.1 can not be installed in Cortana on Windows 10?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Tasks Completion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cortana should help more with long road trips

Long trips still require a lot of manual work.

Just got back from a 600 mile trip. I wish more nav/mapping apps had features like "Find the lowest gas price within a mile of your route before the gas tank is empty."

Or "Find the next McDonalds within a mile of your route before they stop serving breakfast."

Or "How far is the next rest area?"

On the Hotel side of things It'd be nice to look for a hotel with a given set of amenities about halfway along the route, under a given price, and with available rooms.

...someday.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. CORTANA should be able to read the text from "Reading Mode"

1) While browsing through long articles on the web, she should be able to read all the text so that if we want to, we can give the command and just lock the phone and listen to the article via headphones or just loudspeaker. It will be really awesome.

2) She should be able to find certain 'keywords' in an article or within the phone itself (SMS, Email, WhatsApp, etc.) e.g.;, Hey Cortana, find the term "Intel Real Sense" from this webpage.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Manually send contents to Cortana

When I select a piece of contents on screen, I should be able to send it to Cortana, so it will scan it and decide what to do based on the content. For example, if it is a tracking number, it should be able to start to track it. If it is a meeting information, it would ask me if I want to put it into my calendar....

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Pick email folder/label for Cortana to scan

Pick which email folder for Cortana to scan. I usually sort email into directly into folders/labels with rules, and I hope I could ask Cortana to scan certain folder for the information and not others, and not only limited by the inbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Continue listening until stopped on command

Either a setting or a command phrase that will have Cortana continue to listen for additional commands, until stopped with a phrase such as "thanks Cortana" or something similar. This would be useful for doing multiple tasks in a row, or if we were alone in a quiet environment.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pause videos when using a video program, or when watching videos in a web browser; watching twitch streams, or a youtube video, for example.

Pause videos when using a video program, or when watching videos in a web browser; watching a movie on VLC, or twitch streams, or a youtube video, for example.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Tasks Completion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Interact with Cortana without calling her name plus "Windows HELLO" like.

If there are a dozen tasks that involve Cortana, one has to say "Cortana" repeatedly so it would become a bit annoying after a while and it's not natural way to communicate & to solve this problem:
    Eye tracking can be done same way Windows Hello works, if the user is looking at Cortana (animated circle) that means one is talking to her and should not require saying "Cortana" but if not then one can just call her name.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Be able to let me enter what tv service providers and or video on demand services I have

So that it can better give me recommendations on what to watch and so on. And if I search a tv show on Bing or a movie it would be able to tell me where I can watch it whether its on those services I have or not. This is something Google Now has as well. Please implement this as soon as possible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add call cortana feature to android!

Just like with windows phone I would like to be able to use my car's internal bluetooth calling system to "Call Cortana" so I can ask her to complete tasks for me like send text messages without having to do anything on my phone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have a shell

Cortana should have access to a full shell, for example, Powershell. With a full shell, users would be able to do almost anything through voice recognition.

The way users interact with a shell is very similar to the way they interact with Cortana, giving a one line command at a time. Admittedly, traditional shells may not be the best option, due to heavy use of various brackets and other symbols, but it is conceivable that a shell could be developed with commands that are easy for voice recognition to parse.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. scheduled commands

I think it would be helpful if we can schedule a task in cases that we might forgot to tell Cortana to remind ourselves. For example "At 10am, text my wife That i would be not coming for lunch"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Macro: Group many actions under 1 command.

Group a series of actions under 1 command. So "romantic mood" triggers 'play Ellie goulding' + 'activate quiet hours' + 'dim the lights '(when integrated wit insteon lights)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

General Cortana Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base